How to perform exercise
- To begin, lie down on the floor or an exercise mat with your back pressed against the floor. Your arms should be lying across your sides with the palms facing down.
- Your legs should be crossed by wrapping one ankle around the other. Slowly elevate your legs up in the air until your thighs are perpendicular to the floor with a slight bend at the knees. Note: Your knees and toes should be parallel to the floor as opposed to the thighs.
- Move your arms from the floor and cross them so they are resting on your chest. This is the starting position.
- While keeping your lower back pressed against the floor, slowly lift your torso. Remember to exhale while perform this part of the exercise.
- Slowly begin to lower your torso back down to the starting position while inhaling.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: This exercise can be performed with a weighted plate resting across your chest with your arms holding it. This can be a bit challenging for those who have never performed this exercise with weights. Always try the exercise without weights before moving to weighted plates.
You can also perform this exercise with your hands clasped behind your head. This is a great way to add variety to your routine.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Abs, and auxiliary muscles:
Best workout routines with this exercise
These programs with this exercise «Tuck Crunch» are among the best rated by athletes.