Palms-Down Dumbbell Wrist Curl Over A Bench
How to perform exercise
- Start out by placing two dumbbells on one side of a flat bench.
- Kneel down on both of your knees so that your body is facing the flat bench.
- Use your arms to grab both of the dumbbells with a pronated grip (palms facing down) and bring them up so that your forearms are resting against the flat bench. Your wrists should be hanging over the edge.
- Start out by curling your wrist upwards and exhaling.
- Slowly lower your wrists back down to the starting position while inhaling.
- Your forearms should be stationary as your wrist is the only movement needed to perform this exercise.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
- This exercise can also be performed sitting down by using your thighs as a resting position for your forearms. Your wrist can hang over your knees and the same movements as mentioned above can be performed.
- You can also use a barbell instead of a dumbbell.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Forearm, and auxiliary muscles:
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.
Best workout routines with this exercise
These programs with this exercise «Palms-Down Dumbbell Wrist Curl Over A Bench» are among the best rated by athletes.