Alternate Hammer Curl
How to perform exercise
- Stand up with your torso upright and a dumbbell in each hand being held at arms length. The elbows should be close to the torso.
- The palms of the hands should be facing your torso. This will be your starting position.
- While holding the upper arm stationary, curl the right weight forward while contracting the biceps as you breathe out. Continue the movement until your biceps is fully contracted and the dumbbells are at shoulder level. Hold the contracted position for a second as you squeeze the biceps. Tip: Only the forearms should move.
- Slowly begin to bring the dumbbells back to starting position as your breathe in.
- Repeat the movement with the left hand. This equals one repetition.
- Continue alternating in this manner for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: There are many possible variations for this movement. For instance, you can perform the exercise sitting down on a bench with or without back support and you can also perform it by doing both arms at the same time.
Same as the Hammer Curl but you alternate arms.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Biceps, and auxiliary muscles: Forearm
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Rest between sets
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.