Dumbbell One-Arm Triceps Extension
6 minutes for reading 345 views
Shoulders (look at the image)
How to perform exercise
- Grab a dumbbell and either sit on a military press bench or a utility bench that has a back support on it as you place the dumbbells upright on top of your thighs or stand up straight.
- Clean the dumbbell up to bring it to shoulder height and then extend the arm over your head so that the whole arm is perpendicular to the floor and next to your head. The dumbbell should be on top of you. The other hand can be kept fully extended to the side, by the waist, supporting the upper arm that has the dumbbell or grabbing a fixed surface.
- Rotate the wrist so that the palm of your hand is facing forward and the pinkie is facing the ceiling. This will be your starting position.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell behind your head as you hold the upper arm stationary. Inhale as you perform this movement and pause when your triceps are fully stretched.
- Return to the starting position by flexing your triceps as you breathe out. Tip: It is imperative that only the forearm moves. The upper arm should remain at all times stationary next to your head.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions and switch arms.
Variations: You can also do this using a rope instead of a dumbbell.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Shoulders, and auxiliary muscles:
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.
Best workout routines with this exercise
These programs with this exercise «Dumbbell One-Arm Triceps Extension» are among the best rated by athletes.
You can try replacing the exercise «Dumbbell One-Arm Triceps Extension» with one of these exercises. The possibility of replacement is determined on the basis of the muscle groups involved.
Dumbbell One-Arm Triceps Extension Author: AtletIQ: on Dumbbell One-Arm Triceps Extension — The benefits of exercise, how to properly perform and how many sets to do.. Rating: 5
Workouts with «Dumbbell One-Arm Triceps Extension»