Lying Cable Curl
6 minutes for reading 345 views
Biceps (look at the image)
How to perform exercise
- Grab a straight bar or E-Z bar attachment that is attached to the low pulley with both hands, using an underhand (palms facing up) shoulder-width grip.
- Lie flat on your back on top of an exercise mat in front of the weight stack with your feet flat against the frame of the pulley machine and your legs straight.
- With your arms extended and your elbows close to your body slightly bend your arms. This will be your starting position.
- While keeping your upper arms stationary and the elbows close to your body, curl the bar up slowly toward your chest as you breathe out and you squeeze the biceps.
- After a second squeeze at the top of the movement, slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
Variations: You can also perform this exercise with exercise bands.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Biceps, and auxiliary muscles:
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.
Best workout routines with this exercise
These programs with this exercise «Lying Cable Curl» are among the best rated by athletes.
You can try replacing the exercise «Lying Cable Curl» with one of these exercises. The possibility of replacement is determined on the basis of the muscle groups involved.
Lying Cable Curl Author: AtletIQ: on Lying Cable Curl — The benefits of exercise, how to properly perform and how many sets to do.. Rating: 5