Bent-Arm Barbell Pullover
6 minutes for reading 345 views
Lats (look at the image)
Chest, Shoulders, Lats
How to perform exercise
- Lie on a flat bench with a barbell using a shoulder grip width.
- Hold the bar straight over your chest with a bend in your arms. This will be your starting position.
- While keeping your arms in the bent arm position, lower the weight slowly in an arc behind your head while breathing in until you feel a stretch on the chest.
- At that point, bring the barbell back to the starting position using the arc through which the weight was lowered and exhale as you perform this movement.
- Hold the weight on the initial position for a second and repeat the motion for the prescribed number of repetitions.
- You can perform this exercise using a dumbbell or an E-Z bar instead of dumbbells.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Lats, and auxiliary muscles: Chest, Shoulders, Lats
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.
Best workout routines with this exercise
These programs with this exercise «Bent-Arm Barbell Pullover» are among the best rated by athletes.
You can try replacing the exercise «Bent-Arm Barbell Pullover» with one of these exercises. The possibility of replacement is determined on the basis of the muscle groups involved.
Bent-Arm Barbell Pullover Author: AtletIQ: on Bent-Arm Barbell Pullover — The benefits of exercise, how to properly perform and how many sets to do.. Rating: 5
Workouts with «Bent-Arm Barbell Pullover»