Standing Low-Pulley Deltoid Raise
How to perform exercise
- Start by standing to the right side of a low pulley row. Use your left hand to come across the body and grab a single handle attached to the low pulley with a pronated grip (palms facing down). Rest your arm in front of you. Your right hand should grab the machine for better support and balance.
- Make sure that your back is erect and your feet are shoulder width apart from each other. This is the starting position.
- Begin to use the left hand and come across your body out until it is elevated to shoulder height while exhaling.
- Feel the contraction at the top for a second and begin to slowly lower the handle back down to the original starting position while inhaling.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
- Switch arms and repeat the exercise.
Photos of the correct technique
What muscles work?
If the correct technique is followed, the following muscle groups work: Shoulders, and auxiliary muscles: Forearm
Weight and number of repetitions
The number of repetitions and working weight depends on your goal and other parameters. But the general recommendations can be presented in the form of a table:
|Goal||Sets||Reps||Weight, %1Rm||Rest between sets|
|Strength||2-6||1-5 reps||100-85%||3-7 min|
|Mass gain||3-6||6-12 reps||85-60%||1-4 min|
|Fat burning||2-4||13-25 reps||60-40%||1-2 min|
In order to make the training more diverse and effective you have to change the number of repetitions and the working weight. It is important not to go beyond certain values!
*Specify the weight and the maximum number of repetitions that you can perform with this weight.
Best workout routines with this exercise
These programs with this exercise «Standing Low-Pulley Deltoid Raise» are among the best rated by athletes.